Thursday, May 26, 2011

Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 c. Brown Sugar
3/4 c. White Sugar
1 c. Margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 c. Coconut Milk
1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 c. All Purpose Flour
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 tsp. Salt
10 oz. Vegan Chocolate Chips (some semi-sweet are naturally vegan, just check the ingredients)

I know, I know, shoot me.  I don't use the whole 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips.  I actually like to taste a little bit of my cookie and not just bite into a blob of chocolate.  If I wanted that, I'd eat brownies or fudge or whatever... you get the idea.  Plus, I can never get them all fully incorporated. BUT if you want to use the whole bag, feel free :)

Start by preheating your oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.  In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, cream margarine (let it reach room temp. first) and sugars with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.  Add in vanilla and coconut milk and cream again.  Stir the dry ingredients into the wet until just incorporated, don't over mix.  Fold in the chocolate chips.   Drop tablespoon size balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheet,  2" apart, and bake for 9-10 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.  Let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a rack.  Or just dig in immediately and burn your mouth, but the taste will be oh so worth it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment