Monday, June 20, 2011

Roasted Parsnips & Carrots

I had something similar to this at whole foods and ate half of it in my car on the way home because it was so good.  I was craving parsnips like nothing else, and this hit the spot perfectly.  Their sweet, nutty taste combined with the freshness of the lemon and basil were delicious.  So, like I do, here's my attempt to recreate it.  You can probably use a little more olive oil if you'd like a little browning on them,  but I try not to use too much because of its high calorie content.  I like my veggies to still taste like veggies when I'm done with them and not drown out their nutritional benefits.


1 Meyer Lemon, thinly sliced
5 large Parsnips, 1/2" slice on the bias
3 Carrots, 1/2" slice on the bias
4 cloves Garlic, minced
2 tbsp. Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper 
1/4 c. Baslic, chopped

Simply chop up all of the ingredients and toss in a large bowl with oil, garlic, salt and pepper.  Bake in a 375 oven for about 30 minutes until the carrots and parsnips are tender, tossing halfway through.  Remove from oven and sprinkle with fresh basil.

No comments:

Post a Comment