Friday, February 25, 2011

Ooooh you better believe there's gonna be a cocktail section in this blog.  After going to a great bar (especially in downtown LA. The mixologists there are incredible), I'm always inspired to take my own twist on what I ordered.  I've tried to recreate a $12 cocktail for a fraction of the price. So here it is, I'm obsessed.

1oz. FRESH Lime juice
1oz. Green Chartreuse
2oz. Light Rum (I use Bacardi Superior)
1/2 oz. Agave
1 luxardo cherry in syrup

Combine lime juice, chartreuse, rum and agave in a cocktail shaker with some ice. Shake as hard as you can for 10-15 seconds. You don't want to dilute the drink too much.

Place the cherry and its syrup in the bottom of a martini or old fashioned champagne glass.  Strain the rum mixture over. Bottoms up!

No comments:

Post a Comment